St Mary's Hospital , Harborough Magna was erected as an Isolation Hospital in 1912 by the rugby Joint Hospital Board between 1935-1938 it was practically rebuilt and comprised the administration block, cubicle ward block ,and diphtheria and scarlet fever ward.
In 1940 there were sixty eight beds. Despite its remote location, between 1949-1983 it became a maternity hospital, and served as the only one in the Rugby area until this service was moved to St Cross Hospital in Rugby.
The whole complex was then bought and, with major alterations became a nursing home. The previous maternity ward was left empty until 2002 when a group of artists converted the two main wards into studio spaces for around twenty artists and makers. This now provides a wonderful environment for not only individual creative development, but also the opportunity for group exhibitions and events to which the general public is invited.